UPDATE: Dean’s Earth Day Endeavors
Every year, Earth Day comes along and serves as a reminder that we need to take care of this beautiful planet we live on. Then Earth Day passes, and most of us continue to drive the gas-guzzling cars or forget to recycle without really giving it another thought (myself included). Last year, one of our Digital Media Associates caught my eye because he was riding his bike a whopping 27 miles per day to work and back. Well, Dean’s back at it again. While he moved just a little closer to the office, he’s still putting in a ton of mileage. Let’s see where’s he at now!
This Year’s Updated Total Numbers
• 312 rides
• Approximately 3,722 miles
• 35 pounds lost
• 190 gallons of gas saved
• $760 saved in gas and oil changes
• Approximately 3.25 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions saved
Last Year’s Numbers
• 116 rides
• Approximately 3,132 miles
• 32 pounds lost
•140 gallons of gas saved
• $680 saved in gas and oil changes
• Approximately 1.2 metric tons of carbon dioxide emission saved
Hey, every little bit counts, right?
If you have any, what are YOUR green efforts? Share them with me in the comments below or tweet us at @GoToMyApartment. Thanks for reading!